Monday, January 23, 2012

Brave





letting tears fall
sitting in discomfort
aching, tense, aware
one deep pulling at another

coming back
again
and again
and again
until new faces
are familiar ones

walking away
not running
stepping back
not recoiling
missing,
grieving,
but still loving

telling the truth
the stark, scary, 
unflattering truth
the moving, beautiful
redeeming truth

saying "I'm sorry"
"I was wrong"
"forgive me"
letting it sit, and breathe
even when you are still angry 
even when it's not returned

knowing it won't be the last time
hoping it will be less often

fearing without cowering
standing back up
when you do
opening hands
that have been fists

trembling in plain sight
and still speaking
dreaming
hoping
moving
asking
praying
my God, my God, my God

This is brave

No comments:

Post a Comment